Sunday 3 April 2016

More reflecting, more writing

"Reflect deeply, write down and reflect again, eat, write and reflect again about your experiences to date."



I am blessed to have a number of men and women who I know, who know me and I can look up to and turn to for advice. This piece of advice was given to me by my cousin when I turned to him asking what I should do from September-December 2014 as the research partnership I thought I'd be doing didn't seem to be working out as planned.
My experience to that date had been incredible. I was reflecting on my time spent in Sharjah and my life experiences as a whole. I thought it strange that all the experiences hadn't pointed me in a specific direction and that I found myself in Toronto with 4 months free and that's probably why I needed to reflect on all of them to see if there's something missed.



Turns out that that was all part of Allah's plan. Through the events that unfolded in Toronto I met someone super cool, came back home, got married, finished my masters and am in a fellowship where I spend my days with super interesting people discussing super interesting things.

I find it amusing though that about about a year and a half later and I'm in a similar position of trying to think about what I should be doing with my life and so I've decided to take the advice to heart and reflect deeply and write it all down...and eat more.

I'm looking forward to sharing reflections here, on the fellowship, on a little project called AwethuArt, on my masters research and more. Maybe I'll even write about eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment